Thursday 5 August 2010

Celebrities.

Celebrities rule our world, or so to speak. It's true though isn't it? Every magazine you read has our favourite celebrities gracing the front pages of our glossies, and more so recently, there have been copious amounts of programmes revolving around the lives of such famous people. From Dannii Minogue's new "Style Queen", to Katie Price's "classy" wedding, everywhere you look they are there.

Don't get me wrong, I love reading about my favourite celebrities as much as the next person, but after a while, I admit I find it a tad tedious. I get pleasure at reading about Kate Winslet (my absolute favourite actress) and Gizzi Erskine (my absolute favourite chef), mainly because they don't crave so much media attention. They're both pretty grounded, and they stay out of the spotlight most of the time.

To be honest, I guess celebrities such as Kerry Katona and Katie Price want to gain as much coverage as humanly possible, probably because they aren't really that popular for what they do, but c'mon guys, is anyone else getting seriously bored? I want to turn on my Television and watch something worthwhile, and something that I'll enjoy, instead of watching something that makes me want to curl up and die.

I'm not a moaner, and I'm not a boring person that doesn't want to hear or see anything celebrity related, but all I'm saying is that I want to see something fresh. Something new, something exciting, instead of the same old rubbish. But what can I do? Unless I physically march to the TV studios and demand something else, I can't really see anything new happening in the near future, so maybe I'll just grin and bear it.

Now, where did I put my remote control?

No comments:

Post a Comment