Tuesday, 4 January 2011
I'm not afraid to admit it, but I'm the worst person to judge someone I've never spoken to before. I don't think before I speak, and I just assume how someone is by the way that they look. Yes, I'm ashamed to do it, but I know full well I'm not the only one that does it. However, it's not something I'm proud of. People probably judge me when they see me, and it irritates the hell out of me knowing that it probably does happen, yet I still continue to do the same. Even though I don't do new year resolutions, and I'm not about to start now, I want to become a much nicer person this year.
I don't want to be seen as a bitch, and if I don't like being judged or labelled, then maybe I should stop doing it to others. It's not nice, and it's certainly not clever. Everyone is different, and everyone has a story to tell. That's why I'm pledging now that I'm going to stop being so mean, and give everyone a chance. Of course I'm not going to be friends with everyone I pass in the street, and I'm not going to be all 'oh WOW, she looks amazing', but I'm just going to try and behave a hell of a lot nicer than I do at the moment.
I don't know how long it will last, but at least I'm giving it a go. And as it says in the photograph above; "When you look at a person, any person, remember that everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed them." So if you see someone looking miserable, or angry, etc, etc, then just think that something has happened to make them be like that. No one can be happy every single day of their life, as I know only too well.
So this year, I'm making a dedicated effort to be a much nicer person, and not just judge by the exterior.
Sunday, 2 January 2011
I've never been one for making resolutions once the new year comes around, as it's something I've never really believed in. So, this year I've made a list of the goals that I want to achieve, and things I want to do to make 2011 a really fantastic year for myself.
1) Lose weight. I know everyone says it, but I've already lost quite a bit, and now that Christmas is over, I want to get back to being healthy and lose the rest of it.
2) Get fit. Go swimming regularly, as it's my favourite sport. I also want to carry on walking everywhere, as when I'm at University, I don't walk as much as I do when I'm back home.
3) Work my arse off at Uni, and get grades that I can be proud of. Now I'm in second year, it's so much more important than it was in first year. Scary, but I'm determined to do good.
4) Concentrate more on my blogging and gain more followers. I love my blog, and I love writing about everything that happens in my life, and things I witness, etc etc. I just need to take a bit more time out to spend more time on it.
5) Get myself some more Work Experience. I've sent out copious amounts of emails begging to be given some, but no luck. This year, I HAVE to get loads.
6) Don't be afraid to try new things, and feel the fear and do it anyway. In the past I've not done things because I've been scared of the outcome, but 2011 is the year to just go for it.
7) Be experimental with my style. Don't be afraid to wear something a bit different, and to step outside of my comfort zone. I need to look for things I wouldn't normally wear.
Has anyone else got any goals for 2011? Determined to make it a good year?