Wednesday 18 August 2010

Where do I want to be in 10 years?


If someone asked me this question however many years ago, I honestly wouldn't of been able to have given them a straight answer. However, fast forward to now and if someone asked me this again, I'd probably end up boring you with my dreams, ambitions and aspirations. It fills me with such pride to be able to say that I know where my life is heading, and that I have something to aim towards. I'm soon to be starting my second year at University, where I am studying Magazine Journalism and Feature Writing, and I'm currently in the process of looking for Work Experience. Working in the Magazine Industry hasn't always been clear to me that it was what I wanted to do, but after countless interviews at the College that I attended, I finally decided that it was something I really wanted to pursue a career in.

To be honest, I've always loved anything Magazine related, and I'm always buying the glossies (my favourites are Company and Cosmopolitan). I love fashion, photography and beauty, and I adore writing about anything and everything. For the past two years, I have been writing a monthly article for my local Newspaper, and even though I don't get paid, I do it for the sheer joy and the plain ole experience. I believe that if you work hard for something, it'll be worth it in the end.

I suppose, back to the question, in ten years I hope I'll end up working for a Magazine such as Company or Cosmo. These two are the queens of the Magazine Industry in my eyes, and it'd be the most amazing thing if that happened. I want to end up as a Columnist, such as Jameela Jamil, where I get the chance to write about things that I love, things that I hate, and updates in what's happening to me and my life. It excites me greatly to think about the future, as I can honestly say it's going to be an incredibly fantastic journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment