Thursday 26 August 2010

The September Issue

My.Favourite.Film.Ever.

The September Issue isn't just a film to me. It's a beautiful eye opener to the world of Magazines, and how hard it really is to get into the Industry. I'm a University Magazine Journalism student, so this is the perfect film for me to watch. Anna Wintour is one of my idols, and it's so nice to see that she isn't that much of a monster, like so many people make her out to be. I must admit, I didn't know what to expect when I first started watching it, but I'm so glad I gave it a chance. It's funky, fresh, fast paced & so, well, perfect. Going behind the scenes of Vogue Magazine USA was a real treat for me, and it gave me the best insight to what it's really all about. I totally understand that working on a Magazine isn't going to be easy, and that you have to be 100% committed and so bloody passionate about it all. This film shows that the hours are irregular, you're always on call, and sometimes you might do something completely wrong, but it'll be so worth it in the end. If that was me, I'd be so proud of what I'd achieved when the 2007 Vogue was released. The September Issue is a truly fantastic film, and if any of you are thinking about going into the Magazine Industry, I would certainly recommend you watch this first.

No comments:

Post a Comment