Friday 20 August 2010

Shall we travel the world?

I want to travel the world, I want to experience things I've never come across before. I want to meet people that are so incredibly brave, and I want to see sights I've only ever seen through photographs. Travelling has always been a huge passion of mine, and I've been extremely lucky to visit places such as Paris, which has to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I'm only 20 years old, and I have the rest of my life to visit as many places as I can literally cram in. I'm so used to my cosy little life in Southampton, that after a while, I guess I take for granted how lucky I really am. In other Countries all over the world, there are people physically fighting for their homes, their lives, their possessions and so much more. From Pakistan to Thailand, the people that live there aren't as lucky as we are, and for that, we should all count our blessings.

I don't just want to travel to have fun and view the sights, I want to travel to help people. I want to volunteer somewhere that could really do with the extra help, and hopefully try and make a difference. However, until then, I've complied a few places that really do have a place in my heart, the places that I yearn to experience and taste the lifestyle...


Los Angeles: The Hollywood sign, the palm tree covered pavements, the sandy beaches, the celebrities. What doesn't Los Angeles have? It's got to be one of the nicest places I've ever seen, and it's somewhere I've always wanted to visit. After I leave University, my friend and I are going to plan an itinerary and Los Angeles will almost definitely be on the top of the list










Great Barrier Reef: I'm not a fan of swimming in the sea, diving or anything like that in general. I hate fishes and seaweed, purely because they freak me out completely. However, the Great Barrier Reef is one of the most beautiful places I've ever come across, and it's one of the places on my Bucket List (100 things I want to do before I die). Can you imagine when you're older, telling your grandkids that you went here? You experienced the most beautiful place in the world? That is definitely something I want do be able to say, and I'm determined I will.





Sydney: I've only ever been to Australia once before, and that was when I was 2 years old, so obviously I don't particularly remember much about it! However, it's always been somewhere I've wanted to go back too, and not just Sydney. I don't know what it is about Australia, but it's so stunning, it really is. There are so many places to visit, sights to see, and the lifestyle is just simply magical. It's like Disneyland Paris, but for adults!









Times Square: I'm going here in December, I'm going here in December, I'm going here in December. Seriously, I am so freaking excited! Okay, so it's not going to be New Years Eve, but it will be Christmas and that means (hopefully) snow, snow, and yet more snow. Christmas shopping, Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Ice Rinks! New York has to be the most amazing place in the whole entire world, and I just cannot believe I'm getting the chance to actually go! Spending three days with my best friends, in the City that never sleeps; perfect perfect perfect


There are loads more places that I want to visit when I'm older, but I'd be here all night posting pictures and writing about it! Enjoy! X

1 comment:

  1. i want to go travelling when i finish uni. I intend on either travelling America or to do Thailand, Australia, New Zealand & some of America. I am such a wimp though so I really hope I do go ahead with it!

    http://ellie-jay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete