Sunday 5 September 2010

The lows of a man.

What is it with the male species? Do they have a gene in them that demands they act like complete retards? Or that they aren't allowed to think about anyone else's feelings, just theirs? Sound familiar ladies? Well, it probably does because these days, men are just, well, awful. They have no consideration for women, assume that you know what they are thinking, how they are feeling, and whether or not they want you to pass them the remote control. There are still a considerable amount out there that still feel women should stay put in the kitchen, act like a little kitten and definitely not express an opinion. Now, this infuriates me. We have every right as strong willed women to say what we feel, what we want and most definitely what we bloody well think.

Men have it too easy nowadays, and they don't even realise. Since when were they allowed to get away with treating us like rubbish? Lie to us through their back teeth, all whilst saying "I would never lie to you babe." We believe them because they're standing there looking us straight in the eye, with a genuine look on their faces. It's only months down the line that you realise what lying little stinking pigs they really are. My mum's friends "boyfriend", (and I use the term boyfriend very, very loosely) at the moment is under SO much pressure, and can't handle a proper relationship. He's in his 40's, living with his mum, and is acting like it's the end of the world. He goes quiet on her, won't text or call her back, and has recently just stood her up after promising to go out with her for a meal.

Come on guys; is it that hard to communicate with us now? All it takes is one measly phone call or text, and bam, done. But no, it's just too much hard work it seems. Men need to pull their fingers out and realise what they've got in this world. Girlfriends who will stand by them no matter what, and long suffering wives who think they can do no wrong. I'm betting that some men certainly do not worship their other halves as much as they worship them. And this bloody annoys me. It should be 50/50 in a relationship, and both should work together, but it just doesn't seem to work like that anymore.

I'm no expert on relationships, I'll put my hand up straight away, but after seeing so many failed attempts at relationships from some of my best friends, I think I'd prefer to stay single for a long while yet. I don't want to be kept hanging around, wondering whether he'll call, or whether I'm fantastic in bed. Who wants to worry themselves to death over whether he's remembered the dinner you're cooking for him, or whether he's forgotten your birthday/anniversary.

If you ask me, and even if you don't ask me, I'm going to tell you, staying single is so very appealing to me at the moment. No one to share a lovely big bed with, no one to worry over when they go out (in case they act like the pigs that some of them can be), and no one to splash your hard earned cash on. Come on girls, if you haven't got a boyfriend, then don't worry. Celebrate being single while you can, because if I'm being honest, it's fun, it's exciting, it's sexy and it's a hell of a lot less worrying than being with someone you don't (or can't) trust.

Now, what would YOU prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment