Friday 17 September 2010

Live webchat with Company Magazine Editor

On the Company Website today, there was a chance to have a live webchat with the Editor of Company Magazine, Victoria White. It was basically for everyone who is aspiring Journalists or Magazine Editors, who had questions, worries, queries about their future career paths. I think this is such a fantastic idea, and a brilliant opportunity for all of us to talk to someone who has been through what we are experiencing at the moment. Although I couldn't make it between 1pm-2pm, I submitted my question last night, and got a reply today. As you will all know, I am currently looking for some Work Experience, but I am having no luck whatsoever. So who better to ask for advice then Victoria?


I have to say, she really is the coolest and loveliest Magazine Editor if I'm being honest. Not many take the time out of their busy schedules to talk to us readers! So, a HUGE thumbs up to her :)

She gave me some great tips, and told me to keep on trying. I was very pleased with the result, and I definitely will keep on emailing magazines, no matter how frustrating it may get! Anyway, the whole point of this particular blog post is that I think webchats between Editors and readers is an idea that should definitely stay permanent. Obviously it's not something that could be done all the time, but every once in a while, I think it should be offered to us via their websites.

It doesn't take long, and it's not hard to do, and if it's giving us advice, and some brilliant tips, then shouldn't it be something that everyone should start to do? I'm definitely one for it, because if I'm being honest, I need all the help I can get. And who better than to get it from then a real life Magazine Editor?

Does anyone else think this would be a really good idea for magazines to do, or am I the only one? Let me know what you all think, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment