Sunday 12 December 2010

My new motto

I want to travel to Los Angeles, see the Hollywood sign, and go on a safari trip in Africa. The list is endless of all the places I want to see and visit, and it fascinates me just how many places there are that I still haven’t experienced. My travelling is limited to Greece, Spain and Paris. Nothing wrong with these places whatsoever, and I’ve had some of the best holidays of my life there, but I want more. I want to see sights that I’ve only ever seen on the Television or the Internet, and I want to meet people that live completely different lives to me.

Only recently, I got the chance to go to New York. I’ve never been to America before in my life, and New York has always been on top of my ‘places to visit’ list. I can honestly say it was the best three days of my life, and I felt like I belonged. I blended in with the masses of people, and I would walk through the busy streets of Times Square like I had been doing it since I could remember. New York is the most beautiful city you could ever have the pleasure of witnessing, and if I had the chance, I would move there in a heartbeat.

The sights there were just breathtaking, and I couldn’t quite believe I was finally there. American accents are my favourite, and I would walk along listening to people’s conversations, and I would find myself yearning to be able to speak like that. America is so different to England and I fell in love with everything that I came across. Okay, so the food portions were a tiny bit ridiculous, but isn’t that what America is famous for? I found pretty much everyone extremely friendly, and it made me realise that I still have so much more to see, to experience, to taste, and to view.

I guess what I’m saying is that travelling is the most wonderful thing you can ever do. It gives you the opportunity to see things you’ve only ever dreamt of seeing, and experiencing a taste of a life and culture you’ve never heard of before. I’m only twenty years old, and I already have itchy feet. I want to visit the most amazing places, and I want to take photographs of them so I can remember them when I’m much older. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity, and it’s a refreshing break from the norm of real life.

Life is only really beginning for me, and I want to take every opportunity that comes my way. I’m not going to stand by and watch life pass me by, because I don’t want to live with regrets, and I certainly don’t want to live my life constantly saying ‘what if?’ Life is far too short to live it carefully, and that’s why we have to be grateful for what we have, and just realise that we’ve got to do everything we’ve ever dreamed of doing.

So if you need a break, or just want to have a bit of fun, then do it. Life is so much more fun if you’re facing it with a smile. Think of all the places you’ve always wanted to visit, and just do it. Forget about the boring facts, and think about how much fun you are going to have. Life is fun, travelling is fun, and you can have fun too. Be aware of what you’ve got to do, and you’ll be fine.

Next time you’re at work/University, and you’re feeling a bit down, just think to yourself: Make the most of what I’ve got, and do something to make me smile. My motto from now on is always going to be “Life is so much more fun if you’re facing it with a smile.” Make it your motto too, and you won’t regret it.

2 comments:

  1. Funny thing is you want to travel to America and us Americans want to travel to Europe, Paris, and London... I’am glad you got to visit NEW York Fabulous City

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's so strange how people always want to visit other places! Swap places, ha? I LOVE AMERICA!

    ReplyDelete