Thursday 11 August 2011

No one is perfect.

I'M NOT PERFECT & NEITHER ARE YOU.
Everyone has body hang ups, and I don't think I have ever met someone that is truly happy with the way they look. I'm one of these people, and I'm forever moaning to my Mum about what I would like to change. I hate my stomach, my arms, the tops of my legs, etc, etc, and I'm always trying new things to get slim. 200 sit ups, weights, hour long walks & exercise videos. But, I'm suddenly thinking to myself, is it getting a bit too ridiculous?

No one in this life is perfect. No one has the perfect body, or the perfect face. We look at celebrities in films, or the front of magazine covers, and instantly think 'oh I would love to look like her', but these images are airbrushed to within an inch of it's life; wrinkles are removed, any sign of a little tummy roll is deleted, eyes are brightened, hair is shinier, teeth are whitened. This isn't real, and it's a ridiculous perception of what body image should be. Celebrities are rich enough to be able to afford monthly hair cuts, manicures, facials, and everything else that is involved in looking good. They can hire 10 people to make them look amazing, but normal people can't.



I look at Jennifer Aniston and wish more than anything that I looked that fabulous. But I never will. For a start, she's blonde, I'm brunette, she's short, I'm tall, and she's petite and I'm curvy. But what I'm trying to say is that everyone should try to be happy with who they are, and what they look like. I have bits that I am happy with, so I'm going to focus on that, and try to forget about the things I don't particularly like. Okay, so I'm trying to lose weight, but I'm doing it the healthy way. Exercise and a sensible eating plan is always the best way to go about it. Forget the 'no carbs before 12pm, or the baby food diet, grapefruit diet' blah blah BLAH.


Life is far too short to be worrying about what you can and can't eat. Obviously I'm not saying that you should just sit in front of the TV watching Jeremy Kyle, eating a family sized chocolate gateau (OBVIOUSLY), but just don't deny yourself a treat now and again. Enjoy life, eat something naughty now and again, and just be happy and healthy. Be happy inside and out, because everyone is beautiful.

Now, where did I put that gateau?

No comments:

Post a Comment