Friday 20 May 2011

Embrace. Celebrate. Smile.

There are thousands and thousands of young girls all over the world who hate some part of their body/face. For one reason or another, no one seems to be happy with what they have anymore. Whether it's because they've been bullied and made to believe they aren't beautiful, or whether it's just because they're down on themselves, girls are forever going on about how imperfect they are. 'I'm fat', 'I'm ugly', 'I have bad skin', 'I want to be a size zero', etc, etc. To be honest, I'm no different, and I'm not 100% happy with the way I look, but I'm starting to think we need to embrace our imperfections and become happy with the skin that we are in. Magazines that feature perfect models, and fashion shows that have size zero models are doing nothing whatsoever to help us achieve the ability to become happy with what we have been blessed with. No one is perfect, NO ONE. The girls you see in magazines have most probably been airbrushed within an inch of their life, and fashion models literally starve themselves to look THAT good. It isn't healthy, it isn't normal, and it isn't a message that anyone should be following. We need to embrace what we have, because every single one of us is beautiful, inside and out. I don't care that I'm not a size zero, or that I'm not tanned and have platinum blonde hair, or that I have big boobs and super long legs. I wasn't made like that, and I never will be like that. From now on, I'm going to be happy with what I have, what I look like, and who I am as a person. Looks really aren't everything, because if you have a beautiful personality, that will shine through more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment