Saturday 3 April 2010

The Blind Side


I managed to get to see this film last night, and I'm so glad I did. It's one of the best films I've seen in such a long time, and I can honestly see why Sandra Bullock won an Oscar for her role in this. The Blind Side is based on a true story, centering around a homeless and traumatised black man who gets taken in by a Christian family. His true love is American Football and with the help of his new family, he earns a scholarship with one of the best Universities. When I first sat down in the crowded cinema, I really had no idea what to expect. I'd seen adverts on the television for it, and I must admit it looked pretty good, but I hadn't read any reviews whatsoever, so I was completely in the dark when it first started. I always think when a film is based on a true story it makes it a hell of a lot more realistic and emotional. I felt myself being pulled in slowly as it went on, and the actors were so amazingly real, it was like you could almost relate to them. My friend was in tears by the end of it, and although I didn't cry, I was most definitely moved by the story. So if you're looking for a good film to watch, The Blind Side is that film. It's absolutely fantastic, and Sandra Bullock definitely made it. I would recommend it to pretty much anyone, and I would certainly pay to watch it again. 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment