Monday 16 April 2012

I don't want to grow up


I'm going to say it right now; I do not want to grow up. I don't want to be bogged down with a million bills to pay, young children running riot and never having time to do anything remotely fun. If I'm honest, I can't see myself ever having kids; I'm just really not the maternal sort. I don't go all gooey over a newborn baby, in fact the sight of one makes me want to vom. Toddlers annoy me with their constant screaming when I'm trying to do my weekly food shop, and don't even get me started on young teenagers trying to act older than they actually are. I guess I'm a little hard hearted when it comes to children, but then again I am only 21. Half of the girls I went to secondary school with are already on their second child, and are getting engaged/married and living in a council house. Where is the rush to grow up and become a proper adult? At the moment, I just want to concentrate on me and my ambitions, and just live my life to the full.

I'm enjoying having fun and just concentrating on myself at the moment. When I look to the future, I don't see children in my life. I see me spending time with my friends, working at my dream job, possibly being married and being able to have the chance to drink cocktails at trendy clubs whenever I want. After speaking to my lecturer today, she has fully confirmed how much I do not want to have children. I'm still a kid at heart, and some days I just want act like the immature person I can be. I have so many dreams and ambitions, and they will continue to grow as I steadily get older. I can't see me being stuck in one place for too long, paying bill after bill after bill, and growing resentful and bitter because I'm not out there seeing the world. I get itchy feet, and I want to be on the road all the time.

When I'm 80, I want to be able to look back at my younger years, smile and say "I had so much fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment