Tuesday 4 January 2011

don't judge.


I'm not afraid to admit it, but I'm the worst person to judge someone I've never spoken to before. I don't think before I speak, and I just assume how someone is by the way that they look. Yes, I'm ashamed to do it, but I know full well I'm not the only one that does it. However, it's not something I'm proud of. People probably judge me when they see me, and it irritates the hell out of me knowing that it probably does happen, yet I still continue to do the same. Even though I don't do new year resolutions, and I'm not about to start now, I want to become a much nicer person this year.

I don't want to be seen as a bitch, and if I don't like being judged or labelled, then maybe I should stop doing it to others. It's not nice, and it's certainly not clever. Everyone is different, and everyone has a story to tell. That's why I'm pledging now that I'm going to stop being so mean, and give everyone a chance. Of course I'm not going to be friends with everyone I pass in the street, and I'm not going to be all 'oh WOW, she looks amazing', but I'm just going to try and behave a hell of a lot nicer than I do at the moment.

I don't know how long it will last, but at least I'm giving it a go. And as it says in the photograph above; "When you look at a person, any person, remember that everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed them." So if you see someone looking miserable, or angry, etc, etc, then just think that something has happened to make them be like that. No one can be happy every single day of their life, as I know only too well.

So this year, I'm making a dedicated effort to be a much nicer person, and not just judge by the exterior.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment