Tuesday 9 November 2010

A subject close to my heart..

Bullying.

I was bullied when I was at primary school, and then again when I was at secondary school. I'm not afraid to talk about it, and I certainly know that I wasn't the one in the wrong. At the time, I was frightened, confused and weirded out by the fact the people could be so cruel. Bullying has never been resolved, and to this day it's still a huge problem. Bullies are spineless, gutless and incredibly cruel; and you know what? They're jealous. They are jealous of whoever they pick on, and yes they'll never say that out loud, but that's what it comes down to. They victimise people that they see as easy targets, and they hope that they'll manage to turn everyone against them.

People shouldn't be made to feel like they have done something wrong, or that they asked to be bullied. No one deserves to feel like rubbish, and no one should be too scared to go to school/work the next day. Imagine lying in bed, physically terrified of what is going to be waiting for you the next day? It's disgusting how these sick people get pleasure out of someone else's pain, and I honestly feel it's about time something was resolved.

The reason I'm talking about this particular subject on my blog is because I'm writing an assignment for my degree, a subject that was real life and would be of interest to readers. So that is why I chose bullying. I want to highlight just how dangerous it can be, and what the outcomes can be. I've read far too many stores in the Newspapers about how school children are committing suicide because bullies are making their lives a misery. How is this acceptable? What right do they have to make someone feel that small?

Everyone is equal, and everyone is as fantastic as each other. Bullies need to have some sense taken into their brains, and made to realise that targeting someone just because they may be different, just isn't right. It isn't big, and it certainly isn't clever. When I was in primary school, I was far too young to realise why I was being bullied. I had never done anything wrong, and I never bothered anyone. I was just a little girl, minding my own business, and going to school just like everyone else. I guess I was seen as an easy target, and maybe I should of toughened up, but then again, why should I have had too?

That isn't who I am, and it's someone I will never become. I wasn't like that in secondary school, where I was bullied because of something I apparently said. In the end, the truth came out and everyone realised it was just silly rumours. However, by that time the damage had already been done. I guess I just want people to realise that bullies need to be taken down a peg or two. Made to realise that what they do isn't right, and that they should step into their victims shoes and see what it's really like.

Bullying isn't clever, and whoever thinks they're being funny by making fun of someone, seriously needs to reconsider their priorities, before someone gets seriously hurt.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're not afraid to talk about it! I think it's something that should be talked about more since so many kids are committing suicide from this. It's horrible. :/ bullies usually have something wrong in their personal lives too and they just don't know how to cope with it so they put out their anger on others. i use to get picked on all the time when I was younger for how I looked (super nerdy, not "cool").

    good luck on your assignment! i know it'll turn out great! :)

    ReplyDelete