Tuesday 9 March 2010

The September Issue



I finally managed to get round to watching The September Issue and I can honestly say that it didn't disappoint. Circling around the making of the 2007 Vogue September issue, I wasn't sure what to expect. I've never been a huge fan of Vogue Magazine, mainly because it's always too expensive, but I'm certainly glad I caved in and gave the film a chance. Anna Wintour is fantastic throughout, and even though she comes across as rather terrifying, and can send you to pieces with just one glance, there are glimpses of a decent women. Grace Coddington, I thought, was an absolute legend. She's a genius in what she does, and the words of wisdom she has to offer. It was all an absolute pleasure to watch, and it gave me a great insight in to what the world of a magazine is really like. Even though it's a tough trade to get into, it's made me even more determined to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment